Shadow and Bone Season 2 just came out a few days ago and spent over a week trending on Netflix’s Top 10 charts! It took fans on a rollercoaster of emotions as they watched Alina battle her inner demons, gain immense power, face betrayals and shocking truths, and finally gather the strength to kill Kirigan and destroy the Fold! However, the eight-episode season was not enough for fans, and they are demanding producers to create Shadow and Bone season 3!
So is there any chance for the series renewal? Or will Shadow and Bone Season 3 always remain a dream for fans? Keep reading to find out!
Shadow and Bone Season 3 Release Date
Unfortunately, there is no official news for Shadow and Bone Season 3 renewal. However, this doesn’t mean that fans should lose hope, as it almost always takes Netflix 4-6 weeks to renew a series after dropping a new season.
Moreover, the series is based on a trilogy novel series. The first two seasons cover two of the three books, and the third one remains to be covered in the third season. So, the producers will likely renew the series for a third and maybe final season!
According to the showrunner, the third season will be based on the ratings and popularity of the second one. Hence, since Season 2 was a huge hit, Netflix should renew the series for another season.
Related: Is Addison Rae’s Mom Pregnant with Yung Gravy’s Baby?
At the moment, we do not have an expected release date. However, considering the first two seasons had a two-year gap, the third season may follow the same pattern and come out in late 2024 or 2025.
Shadow and Bone Season 3 Plot
The second season had a spectacular ending with Kirigan dead and Alina using merzost to bring back Mal from the dead. This corrupted form of magic is highly dangerous as it creates matter out of nothing! It always requires the user to make sacrifices. So, we can expect Season 3 to deal with Alina’s merzost powers and the dangers it poses.
Related: True Detective: Night Country First Look Poster Shows Jodie Foster in Main Cast: Release Date, Cast, Plot and Trailer
Moreover, another shocking surprise was revealed in the previous season’s finale. During Nikolai’s coronation, one of the guests combines her heartrending power with the jurda parem, a new drug that gives Grisha humongous amounts of power! She is about to kill everyone, but Alina uses her shadow-summoning powers to cut her in half. The show ends before we find out what happens next! How will everyone react to Alina using the same merzost magic as the Darkling? Will they call her an abomination and try to kill her? Or will her friends and Nikolai be able to save her? Only the next season will tell.
Shadow and Bone Season 3 Cast
We expect all the main characters who survived at the end of season 2 to return in the third season. The list includes,
- Jessie Mei Li in the role of Alina Starkov- The main character, also known as the Sun Summoner.
- Archie Renaux in the role of Mal Oretsev- Alina’s love interest, the new privateer Sturmhond.
- Freddy Carter in the role of Kaz Brekker- The leader of the Crows.
- Amita Suman in the role of Inej Ghafa- A member of the Crows and Kaz’s love interest.
- Kit Younger in the role of Jesper Fahey- Another member of the Crows.
- Danielle Galligan in the role of Nina Zenik- A powerful heartrender.
- Lewis Tan in the role of Tolya Yul-Bataar- Another heartrender who is part of Sturmhond’s crew.
- Anna Leong-Brophy in the role of Tamar Kir-Bataar- Tolya’s sister, who is also a heartrender.
- Patrick Gibson in the role of Nikolai Lantsov- The King of Ravka. He was previously Sturmhond but had to become the King after his brother died. So, he passes the role on to Mal.
Related: Doug DeMuro Net Worth: Exploring the Net Worth of YouTube Automotive Journalist
Is there a trailer?
Shadow and Bone Season 3 is not greenlit for production. Hence, there is no trailer available for it. However, we will update you when the show is renewed, and a trailer is released.
Leave a Reply