Blasphemous 2 is coming out this very year! The Game Kitchen and Team17 recently announced this exciting news. The announcement was made during the Indie World showcase of Nintendo.
The second part will start from where the story ended in the original game. In other words, Penitent One will again find himself in a new world and trapped in the endless cycle of life, death and then again, resurrection. Keep reading if you have enjoyed the first part and want to know more about Blasphemous 2.
Blasphemous 2 Release Date
We know that Blasphemous 2 will be out this year. However, the specific release date still has to be shared.
Moreover, Blasphemous 2 will have a Summer 2023 release window. Once released, the game will be available on the following platforms:
- Xbox Series X/s
- Nintendo Switch
What Is Blasphemous 2 About?
In Blasphemous 2, the players will again see The Penitent One and join him in his endless struggle. The players will get to discover new secrets and mysteries. In Blasphemous 2, the player will awaken in a new strange place and will once again suffer from the infinite cycle of life, death and resurrection. Also, they will have to discover the new world and its secrets with no other option.
Moreover, they will encounter many enemies in the game. What makes the sequel different from the first part is that it is more customizable and comes with improved skill sets. Furthermore, the players will find many new weapons in the game.
Let us now have a look at the gameplay:
- Non-Linear World: The new world in the game has a grotesque landscape with a Gothic charm and numerous traps.
- Savage Combat: New weapons offer the players with new moves that help them engage in brutal executions.
- Customizable Playthrough: The game allows gamers to engage in new ways of playing the game. With the customizable element, they can better improve their skill set to attack their enemies.
- Intense Boss Battle: The game houses numerous twisted bosses that bring with them new and unique attack patterns along with sundering abilities to test the players’ skills.
Please note that the game comes with frequent violence and pixelated gore.
The announcement trailer of Blasphemous 2 is out. Even though it does not bear any sound or dialogue, one can see the gameplay in the trailer and the look of the enemies in it. Furthermore, it is visible from the trailer that the protagonist’s moves are much swifter in this game compared to the last part. Also, the trailer announces that Blasphemous 2 has a late summer release window this year.
The minimum and recommended processor for the game is a 64-bit processor and operating system. The OS to play the game is Windows 10 (64-bit). However, the developers are yet to announce other system requirements for the game.
Other games were announced in the Nintendo Indie World Showcase alongside Blasphemous 2. Check the list below to know what other games you can expect for Switch this year:
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach
- Shadows Over Loathing
- Teslagrad 2
- Mineko’s Night Market
- Quilts and Cats of Calico
- My Time at Sandrock
- Animal Well
- Oxenfree II: Lost Signals
- Cult of the Lamb: Relics of the Old Faith
- Rift of the NecroDancer
- Crime O’Clock
- Bomb Rush Cyberfunk
- Paper Trail
It looks like an exciting year for Nintendo Switch users with many upcoming titles. Please note that we will let you know the official release date of Blasphemous 2 once it is out.